Sunday, November 21, 2010

O my Jesus, wondrous to my heart, inconceivable to my little mind...how You love us so!

O my King!  O my Saviour!  How beautiful you are in your crib, how tender You are walking Your love through the villages and towns.  Dear Jesus You came to us, You came for me.  How I want, how I wish to give You the thanks and love You deserve.  How small, how weak, how sinful I am.  How in one minute this heart breaks in yearning for You and how in the next losing sight I offend, I fail, my weakness overcoming me.  This faith, this trust of mine so weak and tenuous so easily distracted from Your glory.

Jesus, always reaching out to my scabbed, ugly heart you pick me up and clean my soul.  Set me straight, impart Your grace knowing You still give, knowing I will fall...You still love me, You always bend down low to wait for my pitiful call and smiling You come willing to teach me again, willing to forgive and renew.  Thank you and please, please do not ever let me out of Your sight, never let Your light fade from me but fill me ever more with Your healing grace and love.  Draw me ever closer to that divine union I beg of You dear Beloved...please hold me ever tight never letting go, heal me and guide me to do Your will so I may never stray into the world's lost ways again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment