Friday, July 24, 2009

Father of Truth Prayer in Honor of St Charbel's Feast Day and 40 Days


Today the Roman Rite Church celebrates St Charbel's feast Day! A Maronite hermit priest known for his great holiness and extreme fastings. His love for the Most sacred Mystery of the Holy Eucharist was legendary throughout Lebanon and is a great example for all today, especially priest. He had a great devotion to our Blessed Mother. He was ordained a priest on 23July 1859, died Christmas Eve 1898. Canonized 9Oct1977 by Pope Paul VI. Known for countless miracles his body has exuded a fragrant perfumed oil since his death and relics are precious.

Father of Truth Prayer

Father of truth, behold your Son, a sacrifice pleasing to You. Accept this offering of Him who died for me; behold His blood shed on Golgotha for my salvation. It pleads for me. For His sake, accept my offering. Many are my sins, but greater is Your mercy. When placed on a scale, Your mercy prevails over the weight of the mountains known only to You. Consider the sin and consider the atonement; the atonement is greater and exceeds the sin. Your beloved Son sustained the nail and the lance because of my sins, so in His sufferings You are satisfied and I live.
Amen.


Hunh.. here is a wild lil coincidence, if you believe in coincidences.. I don't- but for some odd reason after praying counted the number of days since 15Jun when I started work that week at MH the week that ended with the Friars until todays date.. exactly 40 days. I know, pretty cool.. oh and btw, I can go to Canada next month just gotta decide on best day to go, found out today!.., I am glad in a very calm way. interesting... and yet so right. Wild.. very, very humbling and.. ahh speechless for what I am feeling inside this evening. A rarity so enjoy it! ROFL!

"Without the burden of afflictions it is impossible to reach the height of grace. The gifts of grace increase as the struggles increase."
St. Rose of Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment