Monday, October 4, 2010

My daughter, justice has already been done to God the Father for your sins, and full satisfaction made to him already for everything, according to the demands of justice.
For if you have offended God with all the limbs of your body, I have suffered for your sins and those of the entire human race in all the limbs of my body.
For if you... have offended with your hands and feet, my hands and my feet were fixed with harshest nails to the wood of the cross.
If you have offended with your head, my head was lacerated most painfully with thorns.
If with your eyes, my eyes were bound and covered with a blindfold.
If with your ears, my ears heard blasphemies and revolting insults.
If with your tongue, my tongue was sprinkled with strong vinegar and torn.
If with your heart, my heart was pierced with a lance.
If you have offended God with your entire body, my entire body has been scourged, so that from the soles of my feet to the top of my head there could be seen in me no trace of wholeness .
You can therefore see, daughter, that suitable satisfaction has been most justly done to God the Father for your sins.
Truly, I have borne in my heart the languors of every sin and their sorrows - I who did no sin, nor was any guile found in my mouth .
(The Lord Jesus Christ to St. Elizabeth, from 'The Revelations of St. Elizabeth of Toss)

No comments:

Post a Comment