Monday, June 7, 2010

"It is not possible to have a union of love
more profound and more total:
He in me and I in Him;
the one in the other.
What more could we want?"

...St. Gemma Galgani in regard to the Eucharist


Cardinal Francois-Xavier Nguyen van Thuan
"I will never be able to express my immense joy: Every day with three drops of wine and one drop of water in the palm of my hand, I celebrated my Mass.

...We made little containers from the paper of cigarette boxes to reserve the Blessed Sacrament. Jesus in the Eucharist was always with me in my shirt pocket. .... They (Catholics in the camp) all knew that Jesus was among them, that He is the one who cures all their physical and mental suffering. At night, the prisoners would take turns keeping adoration; Jesus helped in a tremendous way with His silent presence. Many Christians regained the fervor of their faith during these days, and Buddhists and other non-Christians converted.

The strength of the love of Jesus is irresistible. The darkness of prison became light, the seed germinated underground during the storm."-
 From  "Five Loaves And Two Fishes" By Cardinal Francois-Xavier Nguyen van Thuan





No comments:

Post a Comment