Saturday, June 5, 2010

Beautiful Mother Teresa Quote and Story







































I know she is "Blessed", but to me she is still simple, inspirational, humble Mother Teresa. 


"Commentary of the day
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (1910-1997), founder of the Missionary Sisters of Charity
A Simple Path (p.99)
"They have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty"
You must give what will cost you something. This, then, is giving not just what you can live without but what you can't live without or don't want to live without, something you really like. Then your gift becomes a sacrifice, which will have value before God... This is also what I call love in action. Every day I see this love-in children, men, and women.

I was once walking down the street and a beggar came to me and he said, "Mother Teresa, everybody's giving to you, I also want to give to you. Today, for the whole day, I got only twenty-nine paise and I want to give it to you." I thought for a moment: If I take it he will have nothing to eat tonight, and if I don't take it I will hurt him. So I put out my hands and I took the money. I have never seen such joy on anybody's face as I saw on his-that a beggar, he too, could give to Mother Teresa. It was a big sacrifice for that poor man who'd been sitting in the sun all day and had only received twenty-nine paise. It was beautiful: twenty-nine paise is such a small amount and I can get nothing with it, but as he gave it up and I took it, it became like thousands because it was given with so much love. " -Daily Gospel Comment for 5Jun2010

No comments:

Post a Comment