Saturday, May 1, 2010

Psalm 141 (142)
You are my refuge

You have led my soul out of prison to proclaim your name, O Lord. Alleluia.

My voice cries out to the Lord;
my voice cries out its entreaty.
I pour out lamentation in his sight,
I proclaim my troubles before him.

When my spirit is failing within me,
still, Lord, you know my paths.
On the road I was travelling,
they set up a trap for me.
I looked about me and saw
there was no-one beside me to help.
I have nowhere to flee;
and no-one will miss me.

I have cried to you, Lord,
I have said: “you are my refuge, my share in the land of the living.
Listen to my call for help, for I am crushed down.”
“Lead my spirit from prison, so that I may praise your name.
The upright will gather around me, because you have restored me.”

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

You have led my soul out of prison to proclaim your name, O Lord. Alleluia.
~~~~~~~~~~
Magnificat

Now has the Son of Man been glorified, and in him God has been glorified. Alleluia.

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God, my salvation.
For he has shown me such favour –
me, his lowly handmaiden.
Now all generations will call me blessed,
because the mighty one has done great things for me.
His name is holy,
his mercy lasts for generation after generation
for those who revere him.

He has put forth his strength:
he has scattered the proud and conceited,
torn princes from their thrones;
but lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things;
the rich he has sent away empty.

He has come to the help of his servant Israel,
he has remembered his mercy as he promised to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children for ever.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Now has the Son of Man been glorified, and in him God has been glorified. Alleluia.




"Prayer to The Spirit of God" sung by the Madonna House Schola; from the video "Madonna House Schola,Music From Our Life"  Song by Steve Heroux; Produced by Villagers Media Productions 2001  Madonna House Publications

No comments:

Post a Comment